Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Potty Training Success!!

With the start of preschool fastly approaching, we really needed to get this potty training thing underway because if she isnt trained, she can't go to school and it's been stressing me out for the past few months. I decided the week of June 1 was going to be "the week" and made no plans whatsoever so we could just stay home & concentrate on potty training. It was tough not going anywhere for those 4 days, I'm not gonna lie, but looking back, I'm so happy we did what we did. In the past two weeks, I think she's only had 3 accidents (all of those were within the first 5 days) and she now tells me when she needs to go. She must have gotton sick of *annoying* mommy - I probably asked her every 5 mins if she had to go. She has truly amazed me. We had many, many hours a day sitting on the toilet - bribing her with games on my iPod, books, coloring, Youtube on the laptop...I was trying everything to get her to stay and sit. Apparently it all worked. Why is it the things that *I* dread the most & keep putting off, end up being the easiest things for her to figure out. For the first week we did a potty chart with stickers and she would get a treat everytime she went in the toilet. That worked really well and by the end of the first week, she didnt even care about the sticker or treats anymore so we don't even bother with it anymore. I did take her on a special trip to the Disney store though and I let her pick out a few things for doing so well. She picked out a pair of princess sunglasses and an Ariel straw cup. Go figure. She's gets to choose whatever she wants and she picks those things out. Ok. Deal, haha!

She has stayed dry every single day during nap (I still keep a pullup on her for safety) and she even woke Andy up in the middle of the night last week to go pee pee. We have a weeklong trip to FL this coming weekend so I'm hoping the trend continues :) So proud of my Bella! The only slight problem we are having is with #2. She was always my 3X a day pooper and now she's been holding it in and it's backing her up. We started giving her some Miralax this week to see if that helps a little bc she is in a lot of pain when she tries to go. She won't go in her diaper anymore so it's a constant running back/forth to the potty every 5 mins and it gets old quick so I'm hoping she figures out #2 real soon. We had a back-to-back playdate at our house the other day and I think I spent the majority of the time in the bathroom rather than playing with friends, haha.

Day 4 and posing with her sticker chart!

keeping her busy during potty time, hehe


Other than potty training, we've been trying to enjoy our summer - days at the pool & trying to stay cool has been a top priority. We have two family trips coming up in the next few weeks - I'm sure it'll be crazy and chaotic but we are looking forward to visiting with a lot of our friends and family btwn FL & Rhode Island!

Noah is doing great - his new favorite words are "Go" and "Clock"! Random, I know, but he loves the clock in the kitchen and loves to say "Go" to Emma when she goes potty outside, lol! I'll try to update again soon!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hooray for Bella! It seems like waiting until she was closer to 3 has paid off! Sometimes giving up baby things can be bittersweet...but not diapers! I've never been so happy to be done with anything. Well...not DONE, but at least we're both 1 down, 1 to go!

Can't wait to see you all next week!