Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 20, 2009

7 months & Croup...

Happy 7 months to our precious Noah!!! We were a little scared at the start of the day, however. While up late & working on the kids "2009" Photobook online and holding a sleeping Noah around midnight, he started that hacking cough and it just sounded so terrible :( I went upstairs and Andy knew immediately it was croup bc he use to get it when he was young. So off to the bathroom we went to fill it with lots of steam to try to break up his "barking" cough. Wasnt too successful and I was a worried mommy all night with him sick. I could tell he was in pain and he was waking up every hour, if not more, coughing and crying. At 4am, he felt warm to me so I took his temp and it was 100.8 so I gave him some tylenol and back into the bathroom for some steam. Thankfully, Andy let me sleep in til 10am with him. I needed him to get some sleep and he's been happy for most of the day - has a couple coughing fits here and there, but nothing like last night. I'm really hoping tonight is better - they say the croup is worst at nighttime so I'm crossing my fingers. It's so hard when the kiddos get sick, it's one of my least fav things about being a parent because I feel so helpless :(

I'll try to add his "7 month pic" later today once I take it (he's taking a nice long nap right now) and we are gearing up for the Geismar's arrival to GA on Tuesday! I'm trying to finish up some last minute treats & housework. Also trying the best I can to disinfect this house from sick kid germs. And, wishing everyone a very, Merry Christmas if I don't get back on to post before then!! Remember that Jesus is the reason for the season!!!!

No comments: