The kids are great - we got back from 2 weeks in sunny FL last Sunday and have been adjusting to being home and back in the cold! Noah started army crawling last week - at 6 1/2 months! He needs to slow down - Bella wasnt crawling til just before 8 months! He also cut 4 of his top teeth last week - bam, bam, bam, bam - all in a row. I actually don't mind getting them done in clusters - makes it a quicker process. So yes, he has had a busy month of new things! He still loves and adores Bella most! She can make him laugh the longest and loudest & it's so fun to watch! His new thing is to mimic us - when I make a noise at him, he will repeat it back to me. It is pretty funny, I'll have to try to get it on video one of these days! He is still not sleeping in his crib so he has found a nice spot in our bed for the time being. At first, I was hesitant to be cosleeping with an infant but since this is the only way I can get a decent night's sleep right now, it is what it is :) Maybe after the New Year, I'll make him adjust to his crib. We are lucky to get one hour in the crib before he wakes up screaming.
Noah slowed down in his weight gain for 6 months and weighed 17 lb, 13 oz and was 26 in - right around 50th% for each.
Bella is doing well - she is still the little drama queen but she is growing up quickly and her vocabulary continues to expand every week. Lots of sentences & phrases these days. I think that once she can communicate fully with us, she will get easier. It's just such a power struggle some days and we are working on patience but that just doesnt seem feasible to a 2 yr old. She loves her baby brother & has a lot of fun playing with him these days! I'm so happy she's finally warmed up to him!!
One funny thing that Bella said to me today when I asked her what she wanted for Christmas. Her response "I want cake" Well, okay - I guess I'll return the train table & all the tracks and trains if you want cake, LOL! Everytime she see's a picture of Santa she says "Ho, Ho, Ho, Meeeweee Chrissmuss"
I will try to update more soon - the Geismar Clan arrives next week to celebrate Christmas with us so we are looking forward to having our house full again!!! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment