Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Snow!!!

I get so excited when the forecasters start mentioning snow but I've realized I can't get too excited bc it usually never amounts to much more than a few flurries. Early last week, Andy was saying we'd be getting snow & I just kept brushing it off - yea, yea, I've heard that before. So once Friday morning came & saw snow on the radar, I was getting excited. They were predicting 1-3 inches so I was thinking we'd maybe get an inch. They said it'd start snowing at 10am and by 12:30 we still hadn't seen a flake. I was beginning to doubt this "snow" So we went on our way to a Valentine's Day party at a friends house & around 1:30 - the snow FINALLY came!!! All the kids were looking out the window & so excited. We left the party around 2:30 bc it was getting really heavy & I havent' driven in snow before so I didn't know what to expect. Both kids took their naps in the car on the ride home & the roads were packed with everyone leaving work early. The snow stopped around 9pm and once it was over and done with, we had just under 3 inches here at the house! It was sooooo pretty - I could just look out the window for hours at the beautiful snow!! Sat morning we headed back outside to play again and after about 45 mins, Bella was OVER the snow - she was freezing - we don't really have the attire for snow so she was wet & cold. I made some hot chocolate for Bella & our neighbor, Max - tried to warm them up a little!

We are predicted to get another inch or two of snow tonight & tomorrow morning - would be cool! We will see what we wake up to! Happy Valentine's Day - we are having a nice, low key day. I'm recovering from a bad head cold (as is our sweet Noah - it's been a rough 2 nights) so I'm not feeling my best but I'm going to attempt to make a cuban dish, Ropa Vieja tonight for Andy and I. Bella was so cute this morning and said "Happy Balentimes Day" to Andy w/o me even prompting her :) We are going to head out once Noah wakes up from his morning nap and let Bella pick out a present - we kind put Vday on the back burner once the snow hit but I think we're gonna get her some paint and paper for her easel & we'll figure out something fun for Noah. She was so happy to see her balloons, chocolates & new Hanna Andersson dress this morning though!!

playing in the snow!
tossing the snow in the air!!
watching his big sis playing in the snow!
sibling love
view of some trees out back!

sat morning shot!
patching up her mini frosty
our veggie snowman
mmmm - hot chocolate


No comments: