Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, May 8, 2009

A whole lotta NOTHING!!

Yup - nothing, nada, zip, zilch - that is what is going on with any progress on this labor, lol!  I had a visit with my midwife yesterday morning and got checked out again and still only a fingertip dialated - which I know doenst mean anything but still kind of made me sad there was no progress from the prior week. :(  I really thought I was going to have some sort of progress bc starting on Wednesday, I had a lot of "pressure" down there and everytime I stand up, I need to rush to the bathroom and then I started getting mild back cramps in the afternoon.  Once it was time for bed on Wed night, I was so nauseas and queasy and had the worst night of sleep (what sleep?) and was up almost all night dealing with that - it was not fun.  So, having all these little symptoms, I really thought I might be atleast 1cm dialated, lol!  I don't mind feeling like crap if I'm gonna be progressing but when I feel like crap and still nothing going on, it kind of upset me!  The nurse even thought I had dropped from the previous week so I thought there was maybe a chance of some good news!

So needless to say, yesterday was a bad day.  Really bad.  The waterworks flowed throughout much of the day.  I was just a hormonal wreck with my lack of sleep from the previous night and I was really hoping Andy would stay home to help out with Bella or even stay home til noon so I could rest alone.  But that didnt happen and he said he would be home early and that still didnt happen.  Well, unless you count getting home at 6pm early.  I was not a happy wifey, that's for sure.  Bella seems to feed into my bad days so instead of being easy going and watching her TV shows, she is all over me and crying with me.  I felt so bad but I can't always be supermom.   Once Andy came home, I left to clear my head & hopefully get rid of my massive headache.   Didn't really know where I was headed but I grabbed my book and left.  I ended up at the mall, had dinner and read my book and then walked around and shopped a little.  I didnt buy much (only a cute "little brother" onesie for Noah) but shopping always makes me feel better, lol!  I ran into Target after and bought Bella some cute little clothes and then headed home to get to bed early.  Hoping today is a better day - I'm gonna take Bella to this PLAY place, we havent been in awhile and we need to get out & let her jump around!!


2 comments:

Our Family said...

I am sorry you had such a crummy day :-( I am sure I didn't help either! You should have called me, I would have zipped on over and we could have enjoyed Outback and went mall walking together!

Jessica said...

Awww...well, I promise you're not the only one with a working late hubby. Todd is usually never home before 6, even on Fridays:( For us, 6 is definitely early!
It sounds like your evening getaway was very relaxing and well-deserved!